The official re-opening of the Professional’s Shop at Felixstowe Ferry Golf Club took place on Saturday 7th July.
It proved to be an historic day for the Club – the ribbon was cut by by Pat Monk, the daughter of Arthur Monk, who was the Club Professional from 1919 until just before the Second World War. Pat was actually born in the flat above the Pro’s Shop.
Pat was welcomed by a number of members and both Robert and his Assistant Peter Lambert were able to show everyone around the new and much larger shop.
The shop has state-of-the-art facilities for indoor shot making and associated video analysis, a fitting bay for customising golf clubs and workshop with Robert’s office overlooking the 12th green.
There is now a new, fully refurbished flat above the shop which is for rent on a long term basis.
Felixstowe Ferry, the 5th oldest club in England and the oldest links course is justly proud of the Professional’s Shop and both Robert and Peter will be looking after the interests of members and guests at this famous old club.