Right, it’s nearly time to do the shopping. Actually you’ve got ages, but for those annoying people who actually plan ahead, here are a few items that get the nod from GM and make it onto the Christmas gift list top ten.
1. At just £16.99 you can pick up your copy of Monty’s Manor. Iain Carter tells the story of Colin Montgomerie’s love affair with the Ryder Cup. It includes the drama from the 2010 contest at Celtic Manor.
3. MD Golf Superstrong ST 3-wood, £69.99. This gets a great review from Top 25 Coach, John Jacobs, in January’s issue, proving that buying a quality fairway wood needn’t be that expensive.
4. Ray-Ban Aviator glasses, £88. Look the part on the clubhouse balcony at the very least, even if your game isn’t quite so flash.
5. Ecco Street golf shoes, £90. A little too trendy for most of the GM staff who don’t carry the same class as Fred Couples. Look great on and off the course.
6. Garmin Approach S1 GPS wristwatch, £179. The first of its kind, yardages are given, quite simply, to the front, middle and back of greens. Your friends will be jealous.
7. Dreamliner Eye Alignment putter, £219. The head shape will not appeal to everyone, but for those who find alignment difficult, this putter should provide results.
8. Skycaddie SGX GPS, £329.95. Buy this quality product before Christmas and you will receive a free fourball at any of the 11 De Vere golf venues.
9. Nike VR Pro Combo irons, £720. You’re not quite striking the ball like Tiger Woods yet but this is a quality set of irons that will suit decent ball-strikers looking for forgiveness in the longer clubs.
10. Jaermann & Stübi Seve Ballesteros watch, £15,000. Yes, seriously, £15,000. For further details visit jaermann-stuebi.com. On our list because we love Seve and you simply have to read about this watch!
So, there you have it, ten golfing gift ideas for Christmas. Happy shopping!