The buzz in the office ahead of the 2009 US Open at Bethpage Black was quickly dampened on the Thursday when heavy rain intervened and forced play to be abandoned. However, you can keep up to date with events from New York as Golf Monthly’s Paul Mahoney blogs from Farmingdale. Just visit our US Open microsite for further details. In view of the bad weather it might not be too late to get your bets on courtesy of Paul Krishnamurty, our tipster who swept up at last week’s St Jude Classic.
Elsewhere, and it has been a huge week on the competitions front. Don’t miss your chance to WIN the following excellent golf prizes:
– Trip to Dubai for the season-ending Dubai World Championship
– Brand new Motocaddy S5 GPS, Motocaddy S3 Digital and Motocaddy S1 Digital
– Golf break at St Mellion worth £1,250
– Wilson Staff Smooth driver and Di9 irons
– 5 Galvin Green high-tech garments
– Ricoh Women’s British Open hospitality tickets
– 2 VIP tickets to the Barclays Scottish Open with Ballantine’s
– A round of golf at Carnoustie courtesy of Land Rover
– Golfing holiday on the island of Lanzarote
– Three night luxury golf break to Prague
– Six GolfBuddy Tour GPS Systems
The Vega RAF-U hybrid featured in our equipment reviews. With a busy couple of months coming up on the equipment front, don’t forget that you can search and review all the latest gear here with Golf Monthly.
In other news, we brought you details of the 66 Pro Tour set for which is set to launch in July, and Wentworth revealed how the public could become owners of a slice of its hallowed turf. Besides all the latest Tour news, don’t forget to keep an eye on all the breaking news from the industry as well as our Noticeboard.
Here’s hoping for a sunnier weekend than across the pond.