1) There is an awful lot of hand slapping going on. The ‘coming in from the side’ option appears to be the favourite, followed by a brush of the chest. A simple handshake will suffice, please.
2) The stewards are very helpful. Limited count on the jobsworths but it’s early days.
3) Corey Pavin was wearing a very bad pair of trainers. Red suede they looked like. He must have left his golf shoes at home. A bit like the old days of gym class when you just had to get on with it.
4) The US outfits look better than ours.
5) Crowd not as loud as the K Club, or Celtic Manor.
6) Pretty sure I heard one chap chanting to Sergio: ‘You are scum.” Although he may have been chanting ‘U-S-A.’
7) You’re not allowed to use cell phones but that didn’t stop most people.
8) If you want to get a good viewing point, it’s best to turn up a bit later, be polite. If that doesn’t work try and bribe the gateman with some free golf clubs.
9) Jason Dufner is pretty cool; Zach Johnson tries to be cool.
10) Tiger Wood’s drive was worse than Steve Harmison’s first ball in the Ashes 2006. This one went past third slip and down to the boundary for four.