Now in its fourth year, the HSBC Regional Course Rankings runs in tandem with our Top 120 Course Rankings and recognises those golfing venues which do not feature in the Top 120. A panel of over 400 golfers visited all the courses listed here and considered everything from quality of design to ambience in the clubhouse. The result is the most comprehensive ranking system for clubs in the UK and Ireland. All the clubs who feature in Golf Monthly’s Top 120 Course Rankings are adjudged to have attained a Gold award. For details of how your club can be assessed and feature in these awards please send an email to email@example.com.
For our regional breakdown of all courses reviewed click here.
Regional panels have been created, geographically placed across the country, covering:
- Scotland – North – Aberdeenshire, Banff & Moray, Argyll & Bute, Dundee & Angus, Fife, Highlands, Perth & Kinross, Isle of Aran, Scottish Islands
- Scotland – Central/South – Ayrshire, Arran, Borders, Dumbries & Galloway, Dunbartonshire, Glasgow & District, Edinburgh & Lothians, Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, Stirling & The Trossachs
- Wales – Anglesey, Gwynedd, North Wales, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire, Powys, South Wales
- North East England – Cleveland, Durham, Humberside, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, North Yorks, South Yorks, East Yorks, West Yorks
- North West England – Cheshire, Cumbria, Gt Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside
- Midlands – West Midlands, Hereford & Worcs, Warwickshire, Northmptonshire, Gloucs, Oxfordshire, Derbyshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire
- Home Counties – Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- East Anglia – Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk
- Southern England – Essex, Dorset, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, West Sussex
- South West England – Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Scilly Isles, Somerset, Wiltshire