How well do you know prolific PGA Tour winner Dustin Johnson?
18 Things You Didn’t Know About Dustin Johnson
Dustin Johnson is one of the most successful golfers of his generation thanks to multiple victories around the world.
Here we take a look at 18 things you may not know about the American…
Related: Black Friday Golf Deals – Don’t miss out
18 Things You Didn’t Know About Dustin Johnson:
1. His middle name is Hunter
2. He has held the World No.1 position for the fourth-longest spell in history.
3. He was born in Columbia, South Carolina and now lives in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4. He has won a PGA Tour event in each of his first 13 seasons, Jack Nicklaus has the record at 17.
6. He and Paulina have two children, Tatum Gretzky Johnson and River Jones Johnson
7. He has his own foundation which was launched in 2010. It helps youngsters, mainly with youth and college golf programmes
8. He started the Dustin Johnson Golf School at TPC Myrtle Beach in South Carolina
9. He enjoys basketball. His younger brother Austin used to play for the Charleston Southern University team
10. His brother Austin has been his caddie since late 2013
11. He and Brooks Koepka train together in the gym with coach Joey Diovisalvi in Jupiter, Florida
12. He has two dogs, a goldendoodle named Daisy and labradoodle called Charlie
13. He dad is a former club pro and took him to the range for the first time aged 6
14. Despite having a pro as a dad, DJ is largely self-taught and learnt to play from watching other golfers on the driving range
15. He loves suits – he told Golf Digest that he owns 30 Prada and Dolce and Gabbana suits
16. As of August 2020 he was 5th on the PGA Tour Career Money list with over $68m, behind only Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Jim Furyk and Vijay Singh
17. He has had 24 wins on the PGA Tour including 2 Majors.
18. He has made 13 holes-in-one
Early Black Friday Deals –
Titleist Pro V1 Balls
£41.95 £36.95 at Scottsdale Golf
Without doubt one of the best balls out there, the Pro V1 is below £37 at the moment – a real bargain. It’s also in the sale in the yellow colour, too.
Garmin Approach S60 GPS Watch
£399.99 £299.99 at American Golf
If you are in the market for a GPS watch then Garmin make some of the best. This S60 is a case in point. It looks fantastic and has over 40,000 courses loaded onto it, you can use it’s drag-and-drop functionality to measure distances, hazards, and move pin positions. It can also be used to monitor runs, swims and bike rides for great additional value.
Callaway Chrome Soft X Golf Balls
$47.99 $39.99 with Worldwide Golf Shops
A model that proves popular out on Tour, the ball is constructed with an improved urethane cover which delivers increased ball speed on full shots. Right now you can get $8 off on the Chrome Soft X balls if you want firmer feel and lower spin with the driver.
Stewart Golf R1-S Push Cart
$540 $229.99 with Rock Bottom Golf
Stewart Golf has improved its R1 Push cart with this R1-S model. During testing we thought the folding mechanism worked excellently and the ease of use when walking and pushing it makes it one of the best golf carts around. Add a splash of colour and a huge saving and you have a winner.
Stewart Golf R1-S Push Cart Review
For all the latest golf news, check the Golf Monthly website and follow our social media channels @golfmonthlymagazine on Facebook and @golfmonthly on Twitter and Instagram