Ping has announced a new range of Glide wedges to accompany its Cadence TR putters and low-spin G30 driver
They have been custom-engineered in an attempt to ensure the grip, shaft and head perform in unison for improved consistency and shot-making.
Glide wedges come with longer-than-standard Dylawedge grips with soft tapering – allowing golfers to grip down for improved control – while the CFS shaft should provide a more desirable trajectory.
Heads can be matched to suit each individual golfer with three grind configurations and 13/loft sole options available.
All heads come with loft-optimised gorge grooves to create ideal trajectory and spin conditions.
Other features of Ping’s Glide wedges are as follows:
– 431 steel softens feel, while chrome plating aids consistency in wet conditions
– grip down indicators on the Dylawedge grip at 1 3/8″ intervals to help with shot making
– One-flex 120-gram CFS wedge shaft lowers launch conditions for greater control and consistency
– Wide Sole, Standard Sole and Thin Sole Glide wedge designs to suit the needs of different players. The 13 loft/sole combinations range from 47ss to 60ws.
– Thinner and more tapered hosel to create an easier passage through sand
Ping Glide wedges will be available to purchase from the middle of February.
They are available in both right and left-hand models and come in steel (CFS wedge) and graphite (TFC 419i) shafts.
Glide steel: £105
Glide graphite: £120