Burnham Beeches Golf Club secures freehold
Burnhan Beeches Golf Club has bucked the economic trend and secured its own freehold after leasing land for the past 122 years.
Burnham Beeches – the oldest golf club in Buckinghamshire – formerly leased the land from the Burnham Trust, but has now acquired freehold covering the course, clubhouse and practice facilities.
The club was founded in 1891 and was first leased to Lord Burnham in 1908.
The current lease still has 45 years to run, but the club decided to control its own destiny and secure the land after an EGM on November 4, 2013.
The membership of the members’ club voted overwhelmingly in favour of the proposal.
The news regarding the club’s freehold ownership complements other positive developments at Burnham Beeches.
A bunker renovation programme is currently in place, as well as an upgrade to the practice facilities and refurbishment of locker rooms and other clubhouse areas.
The investment in both the course and the clubhouse, coupled with excellent news regarding the club’s future, has unsurprisingly contributed to strong membership numbers.