Golf Monthly is looking for a new content editor to work across its print and digital portfolio
Golf Monthly is looking for a new content editor to work across its print and digital portfolio….
Role: Content Editor
Department: Golf Monthly
Hours: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Blue Fin Building, Central London
Role Reports to: Editor
Direct Reports: No
An exciting role as a content editor has opened up on Golf Monthly, a heritage brand of over 100 years standing that enjoys a wide reach across print and digital channels.
The content editor will be responsible for creating, editing, uploading and promoting the brand’s print and digital content to its diverse collection of platforms and in the process maintaining the position of Golf Monthly as the most authoritative golf media source.
– To create, edit, upload and promote print and digital content
– To update and maintain the Golf Monthly website using the CMS
– In consultation with the editor and other senior editors to produce an issue page-by-page spreadsheet for content and then manage the updating of the document as required
– To flatplan the issue and supplements and then liaise with all relevant departments including display advertising/classified/marketing and production to ensure the magazine is produced to schedule and within budget
– Set out monthly copy deadlines and manage accordingly to ensure workflow is maintained
– Carry out the subbing and production of all content (editorial and advertorial) ensuring house style is consistent throughout and copy is factually accurate and legally compliant
– Liaise with the editor on sign-off of final proofs
– To oversee the uploading and clearance of all pages to repro on Emagine, liaising with production manager to ensure all deadlines are met before clearing the magazine for print
– To work with editor and senior staff in the development and design of the covers (newsstand and subscriber)
– Liaising with production manager to achieve final sign-off of cover to pre-press
– To work with the editor and other section editors and key contributors to produce news and feature content including generation of original ideas, assessing ideas from staff and freelancers and commissioning staff and freelancers
– To liaise with the art hub on design of features and pages
– Sourcing imagery and commissioning photographers for bespoke shoots when required
– To contribute to the brand’s social media profiles
– To attend tournaments, reader days and golf industry events as required
Essential Skills and Experience:
– The ability to create, edit, upload and promote compelling print and digital content
– Superb sub-editing skills
– Attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure and to deadline
– Total confidence editing pages using In Design
– Experience of managing editorial production systems, ideally Emgaine
– Expertise in and ideas to increase audience engagement across print and digital platforms
– SEO knowledge and experience including keyword research and content optimization
– Video production and editing skills are very desirable
– Knowledge of golf and playing ability is not essential but would be an distinct advantage
Applying: Please send your CV and covering letter (stating salary expectations) to email@example.com
Your covering letter should highlight the extent to which your skills/experience meets the requirements of the role and your motivation behind applying.
Closing date: Tuesday 31st March 2015 no later than 5pm.