The Titleist Order of Merit - powered by HowDidiDo and Golf Monthly - returns very soon with some exciting new developments and enhanced prizes for 2014
In 2011, Golf Monthly teamed up with HowDidiDo to launch the ‘Golf Monthly Order of Merit’. The following year saw the arrival of Titleist – the #1 Ball in Golf – as the title sponsor. Since then, the nationwide competition has increased dramatically in prominence and stature, and with more fantastic prizes up for grabs in 2014, it’s poised to be bigger and more popular than ever before.
The Titleist Order of Merit is open to all members whose handicaps are listed on howdidido.co.uk – Europe’s largest golfing community – who compete in regular home medal competitions. It’s aimed at the hundreds of thousands of competitive club golfers in the UK and Ireland who enjoy benchmarking their game against friends and fellow golfers. More than 50,000 golfers have taken part since Titleist came on board with the Order of Merit, powered by Golf Monthly and HowDidiDo, in 2012.
The 2013 Titleist Order of Merit winner – Alan Russell, from Clydebank Overtoun Golf Club in Scotland – took home a selection of Titleist goods on top of a full long-game fitting at a state-of-the-art Titleist fitting centre. The 33-year-old fell from a 6 to 2 handicap during the season and shot a remarkable 62 (net 58) along the way! Six other category winners were awarded a dozen Titleist balls, a Titleist stand bag, a Titleist glove and a Titleist cap.
The simplicity of the OOM concept is its beauty, with neither golfers nor their clubs having to do any additional score entries. As soon as a golfer registers for the Order of Merit, every one of their home medal scores are automatically collated by HowDidiDo’s cutting-edge handicapping software, with the OOM Leaderboard updated weekly.
Bigger and Better
The 2014 Titleist Order of Merit – which kicks off very soon – gives golfers in seven categories, from Men’s Category 1 to Junior, the chance to win prizes for triumphing in their brackets, as well as monthly goodies provided by GolfBuddy. As headline sponsor, Titleist has rolled out the red carpet for the Overall Winner, who will not only receive a host of top-of-the-range golf gear (full details below), but will also be whisked away for a luxury golf break with three friends.
For the first time ever, all Titleist Order of Merit participants are automatically entered to the FJ Par-3 Championship, which runs concurrently to the main event. There will be a number of prizes up for grabs throughout the year, courtesy of FootJoy, the #1 Shoe and Glove in Golf, and the winner will be treated to an exclusive money-can’t-buy experience.
The 2014 Titleist Order of Merit, powered by HowDidiDo and Golf Monthly, opens for registration soon at howdidido.co.uk/oom
How the scoring works
– Best five qualifying scores recorded count
– Qualifying scores from medal competitions played at golfer’s home club
– Players who do not play in the five qualifying events cannot win
– Scores are calculated on best net differential (score relative to CSS)
– Full rules, terms and conditions can be found at howdidido.co.uk/oom
– Men’s Division 1 (scratch to 12 handicap)
– Men’s Division 2 (13 to 21 handicap)
– Men’s Division 3 (22 to 28 handicap)
– Ladies’ Division 1 (scratch to 16 handicap)
– Ladies’ Division 2 (17 to 36 handicap)
– Junior (under 16 – overall winner)
– Most Improved OOM Player (biggest reduction in playing handicap)
– Overall Winner (male or female)
– Divisional Winners: Each of the seven divisional winners will receive a dozen of the best Titleist balls for their game, a Titleist stand-bag, a Titleist glove and a Titleist hat.
– Overall Winner: A full Titleist 714 iron fitting, a year’s supply of the best Titleist balls for their game, a personalised Titleist Staff Bag, a luxury golf break for the winner and three friends, a Titleist cap and a Titleist glove.