Catch up with all the latest news from the world of golf
This Week In Golf: Jan 02 – 08 2017
Tee it up with the Pros during the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship
The Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship is offering you the chance to tee off with some of the world’s best DURING the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship from January 19-22.
To select the lucky few, Abu Dhabi Golf Club will be hosting a nearest the pin challenge on the driving range on Friday 6th and 7th of January, from 2-4pm on both days.
PowaKaddy introduces full 5-year warranty on Lithium batteries in 2017
No.1 electric trolley brand PowaKaddy will be increasing the warranty on its high-performance Plug’n’Play Lithium batteries to a full five years from 2017 after a successful year which has seen electric trolley sales increase by 14%.
PowaKaddy will introduce a new full five-year warranty on all Plug’n’Play Lithium batteries purchased from 1st January 2017 to encourage more golfers to make the long-term investment in Lithium – Lithium has accompanied more than 80% of PowaKaddy trolley sales.
Callaway sign Daniel Berger
Berger won the FedEx St. Jude Classic in 2016 and won $3.29m in his second season on the PGA Tour, finishing 24th on the FedEx Cup points list.
“I joined the Callaway tour staff because of the equipment,” Berger said. “And more than anything I wanted to play the new EPIC driver. I’m excited for the year to get underway.”
Lydia Ko signs with ECCO
Leading golf footwear innovator ECCO Golf is proud to announce the signing of New Zealand LPGA Tour player and current women’s world-number-one Lydia Ko as a brand ambassador.
The 19-year-old, who announced her partnership with PXG yesterday, will compete in the new women’s ECCO BIOM G2 model and showcase the company’s logo on her collar.
PXG sign world #1 Lydia Ko
12-time LPGA Tour winner Lydia Ko has became the latest professional to sign for Parsons Xtreme Golf. The 19-year-old Kiwi has won two majors and has 19 professional victories including two majors.
The Olympics silver medallist joins the likes of Ryan Moore, Charl Schwartzel, Zach Johnson, Billy Horschel and Brittany Lang as PXG players.
What’s in the Bag?
- PXG 0811X Prototype Driver, 9° with GD TP 4 S; 45.75″
- PXG 0341 3-wood, 15° with GD AD SLII 5 SR; 43.5″
- PXG 0341 5-wood, 18° with GD AD SLII 5 SR; 42⅝”
- PXG 0317 Hybrid, 22° with GD Di 75 R; 40.5″
- PXG 0317 Hybrid, 25° with GD Di 75 R; 39⅜”
- PXG 0311 Xtreme Dark Irons 5-9pw with Recoil 670 F3
- PXG 0311 Milled Dark Sierra Wedges, 53° & 58°
- PXG Gunboat; 33.25″
Sky Sports to show all 5 women’s majors in 2017
Sky Sports, the UK’s main golf broadcaster, has announced it will show all five women’s majors in 2017, including the British Open for the first time, after a hugely successful 2016 which saw them show their first Open Championship. In 2016 Sky Sports showed:
· 7,800 hours of golf, 14% more than in 2015, including over 50 hours of live coverage from The Open.
· The Open’s opening tee shown live for the first time in UK TV history.
· All four Majors for the very first time too, as well as The Ryder Cup.
· New technology such as The Open Zone, wire cam and augmented reality for key holes and players’ swings.