The top ten reasons to be excited about golf in 2011 are:
1. The Open at Royal St George’s in July. Possibly the best spectator course on the Open rota.
2. The US Masters in April. It feel likes the ‘real’ season-opener and you can’t help but look forward to it from February onwards.
3. Solheim Cup, September. Kileen Castle hosts the 12th edition of the contest and Europe is due a win.
4. The battle for the number one spot. You feel Tiger Woods will be back to winning ways and after his top spot back from Lee Westwood.
5. Tiger Woods. Love him or hate him, the possibility of having a fully fit Woods back – mentally as well as physically – will be exciting viewing.
6. Golf Monthly’s Centenary Issue in May. Join in the celebrations. More of that to come.
7. The Walker Cup in September at Royal Aberdeen. Always fascinating to watch the next generation of possible stars on show.
8. US Open, June. Will Congressional Country Club host the kind of classic we witnessed at Pebble Beach?
9. 2011’s Race to Dubai. Let’s hope everyone stays fit and all the big guns arrive in Dubai in with a shout in topping the money list.
10. Summer. The Credit Crunch will be over, it will be the hottest summer since records began and we’ll all chop two shots off our handicap.
This year, for the perfect Christmas gift, take advantage of our special Golf Monthly subscription offer. You will save up to 37% and receive a gift card to send. Or, treat yourself and enjoy the luxury of each issue delivered to your door.
Call 0844 848 0848 and quote AHYT or go to magazinesdirect.co/uk/iwat