Seve Ballesteros has been diagnosed with a brain tumour by doctors at La Paz Hospital in Madrid. The 51 year-old Spaniard will undergo a biopsy tomorrow to determine the severity of the illness.
Speculation surrounding Seve’s condition began last week we he feinted at Madrid airport. On Friday he suffered an epileptic fit and was taken to intensive care.
Seve said, “After exhaustive checks at the hospital they have detected a brain tumour. During my career I was one of the best at getting around obstacles on golf courses. Now I want to be the best at confronting the most difficult match of my life with all my strength.”
Seve Ballesteros received a visit in hospital yesterday from Jose Maria Olazabal who said, “I saw Seve looking very well. We were speaking for quite a little while. I wish him a prompt recovery.”